- Junior Student Section
- Student Section
- Senior Student Section
- Open Section
- Defense Science Section
- Singapore Citizens or permanent residents
- Non-Singapore citizens or non-permanent residents who are residing in Singapore winners will receive Special Awards**
- For Junior Student, Student and Senior Student sections, participants must be full time students.
- Participants shall meet the age requirement of the specific section as shown below
||Students Below 13*
||Students Below 19*
||Students Below 25*
*on 31 December 2012
- Creativity, Originality & Practicality
- For Defence Science section, inventions must be relevant to defence and security
Rules and Conditions
- Participants may sign up individually or as a team of not more than 3 members.
- For team participation, particulars of all members involved in the invention must be declared. Teams with undeclared members will be disqualified.
- If patent has been filed for the invention, patent document shall be submitted upon request.
- For Entries which are patented or in progress of patenting, one of the team members must be the principal investigator of the patent. The contributions / shares of the team members in the patent must also be clearly stated.
- All applications must be submitted online at www.tkkfoundation.org.sg by 6 January 2013. Participants are required to upload or send in Project Details File according to the template. An entry may be disqualified if its Project Details File submitted fails to follow the template.
- Participants are allowed to submit more than one invention. However, each invention must be submitted online separately.
- Participants are NOT allowed to submit the same entry to more than one section.
- Entries must be participants' own inventions; any form of plagiarism will be rejected.
- Only participants whose projects are shortlisted will be invited for interview.
- Participants shall bear all costs incurred in submitting entries and invention prototypes. Participants should get their prototypes ready upon submitting their entries. However, they are only required to bring in their prototypes and present to the judging panel when they turn up for interview or as and when requested by the judging panel.
- The organisers will not be responsible for any loss of patent rights.
- The judging panel's decision will be final.
- Winners are required to provide their prototypes for an exhibition in conjunction with the Award Presentation Ceremony.
- While every care will be exercised in the handling of the invention prototypes, the organisers will not be held responsible for any loss or damage.
- Participants must retrieve their invention prototypes within 2 weeks after the award presentation and exhibition from the designated place. Otherwise, the organizers reserve the right to dispose the invention prototypes
- The rules and regulations are subject to change.
**Special Award: Non-Singaporean and non-PR winners will only be awarded medals and/or certificates
School Award (apply to Junior Student and Student sections), Cash awards of S$3,000, S$2,000 and S$1,000 for schools with outstanding participation and quality entries.
Closing Date: 6 January 2013